The data is the most important piece in almost all system, for that reason the platform selection and the data structure design are the first step to consider. We are going to work with a Tenant Database in a Multitenant Database Container.
- Create a SAP HANA Cloud Platform account (Tutorial).
In your SHCP cockpit, click on:
- Databases & Schemas
Type an ID for your new HANA DB, the system need to be HANA MDC and for the password (Password must contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one numeric digit). The web access is ON, press Save.
The creation and startup will take some minutes.
Click on Overview. Your screen should look like this image.
- Click on SAP HANA Cockpit. A new window browser is opened.
Please see that the database will be stopped automatically some hours later. If this occur you should Start it again.
- Username is SYSTEM and the password that you typed when the data base was created.
- An Information message appear, press OK.
- A successful message appear, press Continue.
Go back to the Cockpit / Persistence / Databases & Schemas / myhanadb / Overview. Now click on SAP HANA Web-based Development Workbench. This one is opened in a new window. Click on Security option.
We are going to create a new user and add specific Roles to our user.
Right click in Users and click on New User.
- Type a user name.
- Check the Password check box and set a new password.
- Save the changes.
The roles basic recommended are documented in https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?d7c4ca5dac4f4dbbb47901eebe9ea0d1.html and to work with eclipse is important add ide roles too (in find roles, type ide and add all). Last but not least add CONTENT_ADMIN role.
- Select the new user.
- Granted Roles tab.
- Press Add button and find the roles.
- Press Save.
The result should look like this.
Tenant Database is ready to work.